There has been a massive shift in how we sell and buy; in many ways, we have gotten wiser in buying and selling. But what is the future bringing?
The current economic uncertainty and difficulty connecting with buyers may challenge how we sell in the future.
The sales process has become more complex. Sales reps who work remotely or no longer travel that often to meet customers, are searching for new ways to engage with their target audiences. Video selling is becoming important and widely adopted channel for prospecting sales.
According to a survey by Vidyard with 700 participants, they have revealed the following insights:
- Sales reps admit it’s getting harder to reach customers, sales cycles are getting longer, more meetings are required to close deals, and more decision-makers are involved in the buying process.
- Personalized videos get more opens, clicks, and responses than text-based emails.
- Potential customers are 50% more responsive to messages when a personal video is included.
- The use of personalized video has grown significantly (from 49% to 58% in the last year).
- Almost 3/4 of customer success teams who use recorded video are satisfied with their results, and nearly 80% report an increase in the response rate.
Do you want to start using videos in your sales prospecting? Then follow this action plan and increase your sales effort with Video Selling.
Practice, practice, practice with your videos
Connecting with prospects through traditional channels like physical meetings and events can be difficult. As a result, sales reps must find new ways to streamline the buying process by engaging with prospects in the most convenient and effective way possible.
Sales reps who use personal videos in the sales process get higher response rates, shorter deal cycles, and better close rates. However, some representatives still hesitate to try personal-recorded videos because they are uncomfortable on camera or unsure of what to say in their videos.
Make video part of your sales effort
Sales reps follow a structured sales process to guide them in reaching out to new prospects and leads. However, reaching potential customers is getting more challenging, and more decision-makers are involved.
The best bet is a hybrid sales approach. Using different platforms and strategies you are more likely to break through. Adding personalized video to the mix can help you make a good impression on your potential customers.
At Digital Works we have a profound experience helping large corporations to a achieve a Hybrid B2B Sales Approach.