Does video content take part in your SoMe strategy? If not, we recommend you to reconsider including videos in your SoMe practice. Videos are, in fact, a unique tool to communicate with your audience regardless of whether you want to create awareness of your brand, sell a specific product or service, or focus on sharing knowledge. Videos are easy to decode and share and are pretty cheap to produce. Read along here and learn more about the potential of video content on social media.
Follow the Tik Tok trend
Video content has been a big hit on various social media platforms over the past few years. Especially since the platform Tik Tok entered the scene, we have seen a significant increase in video content produced and consumed online. In 2021 Tik Tok was the most downloaded app worldwide. The platform is known for its’ short and accessible videos, which generate very high engagement among its users. Other social media platforms have realized the potential of short videos and are now following the Tik Tok trend.
It’s time to produce more video content and generate more sales
As previously mentioned, the video format has grown throughout all social media platforms. And there is a good reason behind this. Studies have shown that 96% watch videos online when they want to know more about a product or a service, and 84% say that they have been convinced to buy a product or a service after watching a video. Including video content in your SoMe strategy gives you many advantages:
- Studies have shown that video content generates 82% more organic traffic to your website than picture and text content.
- Video generates more leads and gets 48% more views than other types of content.
- You achieve more attention with video content because it stands out. Actually, people will remember 95% of your message with video content.
- Video content on LinkedIn is 20 times more likely to be shared than other types of content.
- 93% of companies say they have gained new customers through video content on social media.
Video content has great potential to reach and generate customers. The video format greatly influences the user’s opinion-making and buying decisions. Creating videos targeted at your audience increases your chances of making more sales.
Make it short
The social media platform Tik Tok has had great success with its short video format. Many studies have shown that short videos are the most effective way to communicate with your target audience. Therefore, it is essential to learn the art of sending short and clear messages in your videos:
- Videos that are up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement. There is a significant drop in engagement for videos longer than 2 minutes.
- Short videos have a higher retention rate. 58% of viewers will watch the entire video if it’s less than 60 seconds long.
- Videos that are 30-90 seconds long work best on LinkedIn.
Get started with video production
85% of social media users request more video content. Therefore, the time has come to grab your phone and start producing unique videos for your followers on social media. As mentioned above, it is essential to keep your videos short, but there are other things that you should keep in mind if you want to succeed with video content on social media:
- 92% of social media users watch videos without sound, and 50% prefer subtitled videos. It is a good idea to adjust your videos to silent mode.
- 75% prefer to watch videos horizontally, while 25% prefer to do it vertically.
- 90% watch videos from their mobile device. Therefore, it is important to produce videos that can easily be watched from a smaller screen.
With these numbers in mind, we hope you are ready and motivated to produce unique video content for your followers on social media.